Paying testament to our incredibly passionate and talented wine makers globally we are delighted to announce that we have scooped a further thirteen medals at the judging of the New Zealand and Australian categories at the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC
Taking our 2017 tally to over 70 medal wins, we are thrilled that our Australian and New Zealand wines are hitting the mark in both entry level categories and premium.
Receiving a Silver Outstanding from IWSC, our te Pā Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc Oke 2015
continues its winning streak, adding to an already successful 12 months for this 2015 vintage and one of 5 medals this heritage-rich family run winery
were awarded. Other recent awards for this 2015 vintage include:
- Gold - Sydney International Wine Competition 2017
- Gold - The Drinks Business ‘Sauvignon Blanc Masters’ 2016
- Gold - New Zealand International Wine Show 2016
- Gold Medal - Royal Easter Show 2016
- Gold Medal - China Wine & Spirits Awards 2016
Vintage summary (Oke Sauvignon Blanc 2015
): Cool spring weather at flowering led to very low yields with small bunches and berries in 2015. The summer was warm, dry, and settled which allowed the small crop to ripen beautifully. The cool autumn nights helped retain freshness and acidity. Overall, a great growing season with very little disease pressure and plenty of good weather to ripen the fruit.
New Zealand wine continues to be a hit in both the UK Off and On Trade, with sales continuing to show double digit growth. According to a recent report from New Zealand Winegrowers, the UK is New Zealand wine’s second largest export market after the US.
In addition to the Silver Outstanding we are delighted that a further 13 wines across our On and Off-Trade portfolio impressed the judges within the Australian and New Zealand categories. These included:
The International Wine and Spirits Competition
- Silver - te Pā Pinot Gris 2015 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Silver - te Pā Pinot Noir 2014 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Silver - te Pā Sauvignon Blanc 2015 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Silver - The Vintner Cabernet Sauvignon Sangiovese 2016 – Langhorne Creek, Australia
- Silver - Waipapa Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2016 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Bronze - Honu Pinot Noir 2016 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Bronze - Robert & Reeves Shiraz 2016 – South Eastern Australia
- Bronze - te Pā Chardonnay 2015 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Bronze - te Pā Pinot Noir Rose 2015 – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Bronze - The Vintner Sauvignon Semillon 2016 – Langhorne Creek, Australia
- Bronze - The Vintner Shiraz Viognier 2016 – Langhorne Creek, Australia
- Bronze - Three Pillars Chardonnay 2016 – South Eastern Australia
receives entries each year from nearly 90 countries. Established in 1969, the IWSC is the leading competition of its kind on the international stage, involving a particularly thorough two stage judging process which includes a blind tasting and detailed chemical and microbiological analysis. To ensure the perfect conditions, the IWSC premises contain temperature controlled cellars and three dedicated tasting rooms.
To find out more about stocking these products or any of our other brands please do get in touch